Monday, January 10, 2011

An ugly ironing board


This week is full of exciting things. It snowed in Atlanta and the schools are closed. I have a cold and at any moment the benadryl I took will kick in and ruin my blog musings. Nothing makes me loopy quite like benadryl.
And I'm making an ironing board cover.

What you see above is my sewing room. Yes, it was once my dining room but one day I realized I'd much rather be able to sew somewhere than eat at a table. Somehow we can still do both. If I manage to clean it up. Anyways, it's a central room in my house and no matter how you enter you end up in there. Just look at that thing. It's a mess! Everyone can see it and it's just not attractive in the least. I plan to change that.

If any of my readers ( ha ha ) haven't been to the Moda Bake Shop I beg you, do it. Do it now. It'll make you happy! They're just jam packed with all kinds of amazing artists and FREE patterns. I love free patterns!
The cover I've chosen to make this week of wonder is one of those fabulous freebies. You can find the pattern here.
It calls for a jelly roll instead of yardage which many people will like. Jelly rolls guarantee your fabrics match and you'll have the right amount ( if that's what your pattern calls for ) and can save you a lot of headache. I however have no jelly rolls in my stash so I'll be cutting my own 2.5" strips. I chose to use that lovely spread of fabrics you saw on my floor. I usually spread my fabric out on the floor when I'm choosing. Makes it easier even if it is messier.



This is what I've chosen for my project! I like things to be scrappy and interesting so I'm using a lot of scrappy, interesting fabrics! Stay tuned for tomorrow when I'll put it all together. My benadryl just kicked in.

No comments:

Post a Comment